From April 1st all Karori Medical Centre enrolled patients are able to book an appoinment for either flu vaccination, an additional Covid booster, or both at the same appoinment.
We will also be offering Saturday morning appoinments for 3 out of the 4 Saturdays in April to enable better access for our patients.
- The flu vaccine is free for people at higher risk of getting very sick from the flu including:
- children aged 6 months to 12 years old
- pregnant people
- Māori and Pacific people over 55
- people aged 65 and over
- people with underlying health conditions including heart disease, cancer, diabetes and serious asthma
- people with significant mental illness such as schizophrenia or those currently accessing mental health services.
- For those not funded, the flu vaccine will cost $36 for those over 12 years of age and $49 for those aged 65 and over that choose the unfunded Fluad Quad vaccine.
- From April 1st all New Zealanders you are eligible if:
- aged 30 and over or
- at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19.
It will need to be at least 6 months since your last COVID-19 booster or a positive COVID-19 test. COVID-19 vaccination is free to all New Zealanders.
High-risk groups include:
- people aged 65 years and over
- Māori and Pacific peoples aged 50 years and over
- residents of aged care and disability care facilities
- severely immunocompromised people
- people aged 16 years and over who have a medical condition that increases the risk of severe breakthrough COVID-19 illness
- people aged 16 years and over who live with a disability with significant or complex health needs or multiple comorbidities.
Call us on 9204562 to book an appoinment, or if you have any questions about flu or Covid-19 vaccinations.